Advice required please

ArtistsRifles

Question

OK folks I have something more than a slight problem right now and could use some advice.

Just over 2 years ago I left my Landrover 109" FFR in a secure storage area to be repainted. When it went it was running fine and intact.

Problems with the Stolly kept me away till just after W&P this year - when I finally got back there I found to my horror over £900 worth of either damage or missing parts inc. the chassis ID plate from the drivers seat box. The cost of damage has been determined by checking Paddocks and Craddock's websites for those parts identified as missing or damaged.

So - as it stands right now my Landie is a pile of scrap with no ID as there is no way I can afford to repair/replace £900 worth of parts.

Questions I have are:

The keys were left with an individual and, last time I saw it, the vehicle it was locked up. The fact it is now unlocked suggests that the key holder has been complicit in what has occurred - do any of you legal experts out there know if this person can be held liable for whats been done? I have managed -eventually - to contact the person to get the keys returned and was assured they would be placed in the vehicle. This has not in fact happened.

Is this something that insurance will cover or is the fact it was in allegedly secure storage going to be a let-out clause (Insured with Footman James).

It's not been reported to the police yet - it will be this week unless a miracle happens in the mean time but I'd like to know where I stand as the ones believed responsible were ones I thought of as friends and I hate being taken for a sucker!!

• Answers 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Cheers Clive!! hey looked like the thing so have ordered a set.... We get there slowly! :D

guess what neil, i had a phone call the other day from the fort reporting that my RL was open at the rear tail gate down and canvas thrown over the top i wonder if this was done because i myself drained the remainig 60ltrs in the tank, maybe some one was just taking a peak in the back, i dont know maybe for a jerry can or 2.

well ive already started to make arrangements to move my working RL, sadly not the funds to move the other one:-(

guess what neil, i had a phone call the other day from the fort reporting that my RL was open at the rear tail gate down and canvas thrown over the top i wonder if this was done because i myself drained the remainig 60ltrs in the tank, maybe some one was just taking a peak in the back, i dont know maybe for a jerry can or 2.

well ive already started to make arrangements to move my working RL, sadly not the funds to move the other one:-(

Yeah - I REALLY do not want to put the Stolly back down there - but my hands are tied... Got nowhere else to put her at £75 for the year.

I have a nasty feeling bit of that will start going walkies too - one of the miscreants being known as a purveyor of "cheap bits off of me mate" type trading. Should this be the case then I might just start introducing Islamic law around my vehicles - and commence removing hands with a machete...... :angry:angry:angry