South African MV Scrapyard finds

montie

If you scroll back up to the shot of four 39-47 Dodge trucks, the second from right is a '39 model, identifiable by the unique grille trim for that year and DODGE badges on the side of the radiator top.

I've got one in the garage, working on it today. :-D

how far from your house?

My junkyards are 2 hours away... reminds me I should have gone there today :cry:

those armoured cars would be nice doing the rounds as almost look sporty :cool2:

Mike, my trips are more or less similar in time. It is one of those 'sporty armoured cars' making me take these trips and get a new education and outlook on life!:cool2:

Regards,

Monty.

I could be fun to know how that X Danish army Dodge power wagon ended up there

Nielsv,

There are in fact two of them and seeing the size of the yard on Google Earth, there could be more. It is like an Alladin' cave with stuff waiting to be discovered! I have to go there again, other pressing urgencies on hand at the moment, looking at the political situation at the moment.

Regards,

Monty.

Looks like a CMP Ford F15 4x2 15-cwt truck. Did you come across any more Canadian Military Pattern vehicles?

Mcspool,

I did not even know what it was when I saw it for the first time! You guys are doing a good job educating me! I will enquire and be on the look-out during my next trip there.

Cheers,

Monty

If you scroll back up to the shot of four 39-47 Dodge trucks, the second from right is a '39 model, identifiable by the unique grille trim for that year and DODGE badges on the side of the radiator top.

I've got one in the garage, working on it today. :-D

Gordon,

Shout if you need something, it wouldn't hurt to ask there, just need to make sure the owner is there next time round!

Cheers,

Monty.

Thanks Monty, but it's a little far.

The '39 Dodge is substantially diferent to the 1940 one, and they are both different to the 1941-47 trucks, which is what the other three seem to be.

Cab looks the same, but if you look hard at it the door latch setup is completely different, dash pressing is different, stuff like that.

If there is anyone down your way looking for 39 Dodge parts they'd be more than pleased to find it.

This one is mine;

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/td20u.htm

... but I haven't updated it lately.

Thanks Monty, but it's a little far.

The '39 Dodge is substantially diferent to the 1940 one, and they are both different to the 1941-47 trucks, which is what the other three seem to be.

Cab looks the same, but if you look hard at it the door latch setup is completely different, dash pressing is different, stuff like that.

If there is anyone down your way looking for 39 Dodge parts they'd be more than pleased to find it.

This one is mine;

http://www.gwim2.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/td20u.htm

... but I haven't updated it lately.

Hi Gordon,

The finer details is totally unknown to me. Do you know anything about the woody Dodge? It intrigues me!

Thanks for putting up your thread, I will check it out.

Regards,

Monty.

• 2 months later...
Hi guys,

Sorry about the attached thumbnail, it slipped through.

Some more pics.

And just when I thought that there is no way that South Africa has any Scammels, lo and behold!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29522[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29520[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29519[/ATTACH] :shocked::shocked::shocked: w hat a can i say? wow

[ATTACH=CONFIG]29518[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]29521[/ATTACH]

Next installment, NOS(???) parts.

pencil.png

Edited by scammell user