Eager Beaver Forklift - what axles / tracta joints ?

Fugly

I need a tracta joint for an eager beaver Mk 2. I am told they are Bedford axles, and it all looks similar inside to an RL , but would ask if someone can confirm exactly what I need please .

I can manage with half a tracta joint, ( the outer section that joins to the short driveshaft that goes to the hub?

Anyone have a tracta joint for sale ?

Many thanks

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

They look like MK Jim, but you wouldn't pick up on any small dimensional differences from a photo.

I still can't find my MK parts book so I can't cross them fully. RL is Bedford 7058775, VAOS LV6/MT9/GB/L113. I believe MK is the same but I'd like to confirm it.

Is that the bad one?

Hmmm... That's not very happy! Are the shaft yokes OK?

A few scratches, but looks reasonable. I have read on two separate web listings that the axles are modified RL front axles, so maybe I will be out of luck with yours, which is a shame. The problem is that even if I had the EB part number , an identical part used for a truck may have a different part number just because it has a different application.

I will keep looking into it. Thanks for your help, I'm sure I can sort it out soon.

Jim, this is what I have:

IMG_3257600.jpg

IMG_3258600.jpg

IMG_3256600.jpg

It's a 120mm joint. Take the third photo with the Tracta assembled and pushed together. Length - left to right in the photo - is 123.5mm. Width (across the male half from nearest to camera to furthest away from camera) is 120mm. Height is 115mm. The slots are 30mm wide. The bearing face that the yoke of each shaft goes round is 60mm diameter and each has the flat that you can see for assembly.

I have found a very early MK parts list (it's still called a 3 tonner) and the part numbers for the Tracta are the same as in the RL list. I don't believe the EB part number will be different; or certainly, the VAOS / NATO part number would be the same, even if they don't use Bedford numbers.

Sorry Sean and Matchfuzee !

I am really grateful for your help . I won a Landrover at Withams and had to get that back so my eye was off the forum. I reckon that you are right Sean , and will PM you to arrange to purchase the joint you have.

Thanks

Jim

Sorry Sean and Matchfuzee !

I am really grateful for your help . I won a Landrover at Withams and had to get that back so my eye was off the forum. I reckon that you are right Sean , and will PM you to arrange to purchase the joint you have.

Thanks

Jim

At least it will be easier to find parts for the Land Rover than the Eager Beaver.