Pioneer floorboards

Does anyone know if these are half lap or square edged?

Supplementary question: What wood they have used? I'm an absolute duffer when it comes to anything to do with wood.

Edited by Jimh
Beacause I remembered the other thing I needed to ask.

Sorry Jim,

Can't answer either question but just wondering if you are going to re-build the back body and lockers?

I was told they had recently been done when I enquired about the truck, but on viewing they looked distinctly the worse for wear. Not beyond repair, probably, but in need of some work.

Surely it should be the same timber allround?

The body had been rebuilt but at around the same time as the cab was lashed back together. To be entirely fair to the people who did that it was done so it could carry on doing a job of work rather than as a thou perfect restoration.

It isn't looking too rosy but most of the wood should survive with a little tidying up. The floor is in bit of a state because it has been sitting with large quantities of dead leaves and mud in it. Most if not all of the wood will have to come off to replace a few of the angle sections in the frame which have rotted away.

Would it have been the same? I suppose it would have made sense to have built everything from the same stack of planks.

• 2 months later...

The floorboards on my SV2S were loose tongued, that is each plank has a groove and there is a loose tongue between them. The side boards are a traditional tongue and groove board with the tongue uppermost, if I recall correctly they were all ex 11/4" timber i.e. about 1 1/8" finish. I can only assume that it was built this way so that water could eventually drain away.