Event in Dorset

Hello all,

I am organising an event in Dorset for members of the website Pistonheads.com, in aid of the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance.

This will take place either on 21st June and / or 19th July at a stately home and last for around 4 hours.

We have a large variety of machinery attending including Lamborghinis, Ferraris, TVRs, Porsches, Lotuses, Aston Martins etc but I thought it would be fun to cast the net a little wider and see if one or two interesting military vehicles fancied mixing in - Willys jeep, scout cars, APC, one of the 6 wheel amphibious things (sorry, I'm not an expert).

As the venue will be anxious to maintain their grounds, I would ask only for non-tracked vehicles.

The format is turn up and park, chat, lunch at the venue and look around the gardens/ house, charity raffle, 1 hour drive around the Dorset countryside (swiftly - the cars are almost all performance) then probably back to the venue for a last chat and then leave.

If anyone is interested, could they post on here with what they have and which of the dates they can make?

Thanks.

Graham

Hi Joris - that is the one problem.

Obviously it depends on whatever the vehicle is capable of and whether the owner thinks they will keep up.

If a few MVs come (max 10 I reckon) perhaps they would wish to do the road run on their own, or remain at the venue for more chatting.

[QUOTE=Joris;139735]I'm not sure if the Lambo owners would fancy driving behind a 6 wheel and very slow Jimmy in the Road Run.

Joris you should of kept quiet :cool2: and let them find out the hard way

Obviously it depends on whatever the vehicle is capable of and whether the owner thinks they will keep up.

i`ll let you know now i am the master at iritating other road users from being a caravan owner and an occasional tractor driver :argh: and once in front, few ever pass :drive: :-D

Ashley

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

sorry but i have been off line for a few weeks should be back by the end of this week. But no messages in the inbox !

Ashley

Dingo and Ashley - you should have had private messages, but I'm not sure it worked as there's nothing in my Sent Messages folder on here.

Hello all,

I am organising an event in Dorset for members of the website Pistonheads.com, in aid of the Dorset & Somerset Air Ambulance.

This will take place either on 21st June and / or 19th July at a stately home and last for around 4 hours.

We have a large variety of machinery attending including Lamborghinis, Ferraris, TVRs, Porsches, Lotuses, Aston Martins etc but I thought it would be fun to cast the net a little wider and see if one or two interesting military vehicles fancied mixing in - Willys jeep, scout cars, APC, one of the 6 wheel amphibious things (sorry, I'm not an expert).

As the venue will be anxious to maintain their grounds, I would ask only for non-tracked vehicles.

The format is turn up and park, chat, lunch at the venue and look around the gardens/ house, charity raffle, 1 hour drive around the Dorset countryside (swiftly - the cars are almost all performance) then probably back to the venue for a last chat and then leave.

If anyone is interested, could they post on here with what they have and which of the dates they can make?

Thanks.

Graham

Hello mate.

Sorry i didnt reply earlier to your e-mail you left me the other day.I cant make those events as,i'm away on the 21st june. And 19th July is war and peace. I will be at Beaulieu for the TVR event on the 31st in The Cerb. Pop over and say hi. Its not as though you wont miss it.:thumbsup:

Regards BT