Alvis Fighting Vehicle Society ?

agripper

Bought a Alvis Sabre a few months back and thought I should join one of the clubs going. Had a look through the different ones on offer and thought the AFS would be a good one to go for, thinking that being a member would carry some benifits, as they advertise on the site that there is help and manuals available to members only. Since I have joined Have found no manuals of any note and also no advantages to membership, no discount on the club shop or any that I can find. Am I missing somthing here or have I just wasted £20 , and been better off joining the MVT?:confused:

The spares are not a problem its just being a member of a club thought also sells the parts, you would expect to get some discount. I also thought they would have had access to the manuals for the cvrt which looking at the web sites gives you the impression you will get access to when you join, But when I asked was told could buy them!

Vince, the whole CVRTs'R'Us shopping experience is great fun but such a distraction:shocked:it takes hours just to pick up a couple of simple bits.

Must phone Andy about some bits and pop up for a chat:)