Royal Engineers EOD land rovers..

paul connor

Ok. I remember the 110's we had. they had Red front wings and all the rear glass was painted black on the hardtops.. I dont recal If they were in camo or solid nato colour schemes?

But.. what I really want to know.. is series 3's. I know there were some still lurking back in 99/2000 when I was with 101st RE. But did they have red wings? if so.. what colour?

and how much red? the whole wing?

any help?

RE vehicles just says "wings", similarly RAF EOD. But RAF OD (IED) & RAOC (then RLC) are white vans with reflective horizontal bands midway up the body. I have some official drawings if you want to become a white van man.

Never seen disruptive camo on RE Rover would be self defeating to the camo concept to have red wings. Although it is conceivable a Rover previously painted in camo was pressed into RE service.

RN Rovers are navy blue with red wings, a rubber boat on top & towing a trailer. I assume that is for wartime ordnance. Whereas RN have white vans for IEDs similar to RLC.

I think similarly RE deal with wartime & heavy ordnance whereas RLC cover IEDs?

Edited by fv1609