Landie news....

RSSRobot

Got the tool box out today to see if the Landie would start for the Bunker bash next weekend. Few quick pumps on the priming lever and she fired into life!! I was well pleased - and then the groaning noise started up... Risking life and limb I stuck my head undeer the bonnet for a quick listen and it became apparent the noise emanated from the idler pulley. Tried WD40 but the fan blew it away. So this time I switched the engine off and soaked the back of the pulley with 3-in-1. Restarted half hour later and the noise was gone!! Big smiles all round. Took a look at the fuel tank float to see why the guage always read empty. Found the float seized don at the base of the tank. Bit of work freed it up so it now actually floats - but still no reading on the fuel gauge so a bit more work to do there I think. Bolted the antenna boxes on the fron twings OK but the rear side mounts are the wrong size - probably about 2/3 the size of the mounts that should be on there so I'll stick them in the ads section of the forum - they have a part number on them so prospective buyers can check to make sure they are right for their vehicles.

Just need to dig out the log book, insurance certificate and MOT now to get her taxed. Makes a change to have good news!! :):):)