the plains 2008

RSSRobot

well as advance party i set off on Thursday so could have the brew on for everyone when they turned up and parked in the pub car park for the night

Friday morning i moved over to the camp site and set up the kitchen in the corner and got the brew on

from about AM people started turning up and started setting up their areas, r cubed turned up and we all pitched in to erect the biggest tent for 4 people known to man

next bit of fun was when grasshopper,tootall and mark turned up complete with striped sofa for their mess area

in the evening we retired to the busted for a few refreshments and whilst relaxing in the garden the stolly turned up on its low loader

sat morning started well with a cooked breakfast and we then left camp to head towards our first destination. on getting to the village we discovered that the army were there but they let us come in and mix in

some squadies even had a look over a few of the vehicles and weapons and i think were glad to meet with us

from the village we proceeded towards the bombard area and had our first casualty of the weekend which was Paul's 109 which lost its water pump so with a tow got it to the bombard area

there was a toss up weather to put it on the range but it was decided that tootall would recover it back to camp

after dropping the 109 we then continued round the plains for a bit more viewing

in the evening a beef stew was supplied as the pub had a large group in. after the stew we retired over to the pub for the skittles challenge which was won by the champs team and Chris won the individual prize

Sunday after another breakfast we set off east along the main road to wards the driver training area for a look then we set off for Zulu crossing to meet up with the rtv convoy which turned up after 1/2 hour but it was worth it.

even when the jerry cans were offered to jack

Paul then left us to drive back to Brighton and one of the senior land wardens came over and took us down a track

to say bumpy was not the word but a few river crossings would have been easier:argh:

on retiring to camp a few ended back at the bursted for a quiz night which Neils team won

Monday was the sad day as everyone broke camp by midday and all went their different ways:cry::cry:

i think a good time was had by all and would like to thank tony,yogi and the team for all their efforts:yay:

i hope next year i wont have to do the Sargent major bit so much

Dave(Ramsey)Ives