Triumph 3HW - Gearbox pivot bolt

Kevin Wells

Hi - Would anyone have the dimensions and part number of the gearbox to lower frame pivot bolt please. I can't seem to find it referenced in the parts book. T430 pops up on the net but the ones being offered are way too long at 7 1/2" - seems like they should be 5 1/2" 

Also looking for the correct push rod lengths as mine are different lengths. 

I believe the part number is/was GT21. But I don't think it will help. I think Brian Tillin made a couple of mine. PM me if you need his number.

Ron

The 3T and T85 (1946) may use F2391. (T430 seems to be specific to twins).  Somewhat bizarrely, the 1947 manual for the 3T lists F2319.  Not sure what's going on there but both may be worth a google?  Re: 3HW numbers specifically, I think Ron's is the view to go for: 'GT21, pin gearbox fulcrum'.  In my spare parts list (a copy from BMS) there is no diagram.

Just to add, the parts manual for pre-unit frames of 1960s vintage lists the gearbox pivot bolt as F4681 (8 1/4" UH).  So, at that length, too long.

All the best.

A

Edited by Adrian Dwyer
clarification

• 3 weeks later...