Unusual Solex carburettor

80-inch

solex-003.jpg

I would like to identify this 40mm solex with an ancilliary fuel chamber/weir device on the side. Its numbered 40 RV2 DOS   LE55. I assume its a  military offroad application ?

The chamber lid is opened in the photo, the small circular weir opening just below the top of the chamber is connected to the main jet well, also the banjo on the lhs.     Theres a banjo bolt into the bottom of the chamber - you can see the red fibre washer.      I assume its an anti flooding device,  if the floatchamber overflows,  fuel will run over the top of the weir which looks ot be at float level height, into the chamber and then drain away via the banjo bolt at the bottom - presumably this chamber is at atmospheric pressure so the conventional float chamber vent can be closed for wading etc  via the tap .

Its the ancilliary chamber device Im most interested in, any suggestions will be gratefuly received, thanks in advance.