Fleet Air Arm Series 2A Land Rover

Surveyor

RAL numbers are a German standard, widely used, admittedly, but not officially in this country where we use British Standard paints.  It will be among that set you will need to look.  I assume it is a standard dark navy blue you have in mind.  There may then be white 'Royal Navy' markings on each rear tub side and, perhaps a stencilled ship's name on the cab doors, but, otherwise, there is little of note, I would suggest.  Perhaps more interesting, while retaining the RN theme, would be to go for a Land Rover from a warship which would have been used as the Captains -on-shore duty vehicle.  This might then have more 'bull' including a varnished wooden shield on the radiator grille with the ship's crest on it, a white spare tyre cover on the bonnet and other such 'embellishments'.

10 hours ago, 10FM68 said:

RAL numbers are a German standard, widely used, admittedly, but not officially in this country where we use British Standard paints.  It will be among that set you will need to look.  I assume it is a standard dark navy blue you have in mind.  There may then be white 'Royal Navy' markings on each rear tub side and, perhaps a stencilled ship's name on the cab doors, but, otherwise, there is little of note, I would suggest.  Perhaps more interesting, while retaining the RN theme, would be to go for a Land Rover from a warship which would have been used as the Captains -on-shore duty vehicle.  This might then have more 'bull' including a varnished wooden shield on the radiator grille with the ship's crest on it, a white spare tyre cover on the bonnet and other such 'embellishments'.

Thanks I have now had a memory jog reading this and remember HMS Fife visiting Dundee before decommissioning