Seat Dodge pickup

paulus

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Gareth, I had planned to have it repaired but that is no option, to bad in shape, but I still saved it in case I couldn't find another one. It appears now it's really impossible to find one but I also can't use the old one so the only solution left is a reproduction of it (which I hate!!). What did you have in mind? I also have the backrest.

Regards, Paul.

Paul...good evening. The reason I ask is because I have a WC51 and when I bought it (many years ago now) I ambitiously started to pull it apart and STUPIDLY threw the rotted seat springs into the bin and so regret it now as I don't have a template to even try to make new ones from...

Two things...

1. I wondered if I could get some really good photos of yours so that I can see how the seat springs are constructed as I have toyed with the idea of foam but just don't like the idea, so want to buy seat springs and wire and try to make my own!!

2. Just also wanted to say to you to NOT throw them away as you never know when you might need a template to give it a go yourself???!!

Cheers and good luck..

Hello Gareth, I had planned to have it repaired but that is no option, to bad in shape, but I still saved it in case I couldn't find another one. It appears now it's really impossible to find one but I also can't use the old one so the only solution left is a reproduction of it (which I hate!!). What did you have in mind? I also have the backrest.

Regards, Paul.

Gareth, I will try to make some pictures, no problem but the seat is in very bad shape so it might you don't get much wiser of it. I send them in a few days.

Paul.