A word from me, Jan

Jan

Introducing myself being a retired AirForce helicopter mechanic as a starting career, but later jobs involved teaching, selecting and training aircrew in mechanics, for a flying career and also aerospace-physiologics. Grew up in the centre of the theatre of Market Garden, near LZ's like Ginkel Heath, attending the annual Airborne Commemorations as a youngster on my pushbike, and later by driving my father in law's Jeep and Dingo (the latter sometimes, when he was in a very, very good mood). He was one of the initiators of Keep Them Rolling (KTR) the "Jeepclub" as he called it. He passed away almost 2 years ago, and we (his daughter (my wife), my brother in law and his first wife) were clearing out his house and garage. The stuff we encountered! A lot has found his way elsewhere and a lot we will cherish. So the contents of our attic has doubled, and priority now is selling the house (we have a buyer) and after a month or two doing what retired guys should do (namely nothing) reorganising the attic. Motorcycles are my thing.

Horsa.png

Edited by Jan
  • Like 2