WANTED - M35 Reo Deuce and a Half

Sweet Rides

Hello folks,

I`m looking for an M35 Reo Deuce and a half truck, either M35A2 or M35A1 model with the following specs :

1) UK Registered (Or correct docs all there to register)

2) Looking for a REALLY RUST FREE example. Would ideally prefer one which is original and  has SURVIVED WELL. One has had welded repairs done is also o.k as long as these have been done to a very high standard and to the original specs.

3) LDT Turbo multifuel 1C or 1D engine essential (Would prefer Whistler 1C turbo, but not essential)

4) Air switch engage transfer case for front axle engagement (preferred but not essential)

5) Non front Winch model.

All the best. Cheers.

Edited by Sweet Rides
spec requirement changed

Hi Robin,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate the heads up.

Unfortunately the "E" at the end of the numberplate makes it a 1967 registered truck over here in the U.K. The reason I want a pre 60 registered truck is because we had an odd exemption on our licenses over here that allow us to drive Heavy goods vehicles on a car license (not for commercial purposes) as long as they are registered before 1960.

Also his truck is not a dropside body which is something i really need for the truck to be multipurpose.

But thanks for your help and hopefully something fitting the bill will come up at some point.

Hi All,

I have changed the spec I`m looking for slightly. Would still prefer a dropside model, but this is not essential.

I`ve decided what is more important for me is - That that the truck is genuinely rust free and any welding done is top notch. (I`ve really got enough projects already) secondly that is has the LDT multifuel engine. Basically, if your M35 is rust free and has the LDT engine, then I`m likely to be interested. More original the truck is, the better.

Cheers! 

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:41 AM, Sweet Rides said:

Hi Robin,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, appreciate the heads up.

Unfortunately the "E" at the end of the numberplate makes it a 1967 registered truck over here in the U.K. The reason I want a pre 60 registered truck is because we had an odd exemption on our licenses over here that allow us to drive Heavy goods vehicles on a car license (not for commercial purposes) as long as they are registered before 1960.

Also his truck is not a dropside body which is something i really need for the truck to be multipurpose.

But thanks for your help and hopefully something fitting the bill will come up at some point.

if your licence (pre 1998) allows you to drive up to 7500kgs the could you not get the M35 downplated to 3500kgs ?