For your agenda: British Wheels & Tracks 2008 (Belgium) !!

sabre

Had a quick nose on the web and if anyone else is interested going there is a freight ferry that runs from Dartford to Zeebrugge - about 25 miles from Bruge or 25 miles from Ghent ( the two possible locations).

The operators site is down for maintenance right now - when it's back up I'll drop them an e-mail and see if:

1) They will take Geen Machines on this route

2) They will offer any sort of discount - and if so how many vehicles would be needed to qualify for it.

If we have to use the Channel ports then that is a bit further than I really want to drive little Maud in the UK - let alone the continent!!!

Ramsgate-Ostend by transeuropaferries is a very good alternative!

Last year we had the same prices as the W&P deal with Norfolk.

From Ostend to Gent you are talking appr 25 miles.

From the Calais and Dunkerque harbours it is all motorway, so....I never take them with an old MV. The East European lorry drivers will drive you off the road in their run to the East! Too dangerous and too stressy for me.

I will keep you informed about the ferry deals we can make (will be in 2-3 months).

I'm interested in your info about the ferry to Dartford.

Piet

Ramsgate is really too far for a Stalwart Piet. Apart from the Motorway and the transmission not getting on the fuel bill for 73 miles each way @ 2.5 mpg would be prohibitive.

Thats why the Dartford route is so attractive, short (> 15 mile each way) hop from the Stalwarts storage point at East Tilbury.