Ford Pivot Pin ID

ajmac

Can anyone ID this standard Ford part from the 30s / 40s.  I need a spare for the Loyd.  I believe it was part of the handbrake assembly on 7Vs and from that I presume WOTs that came about later.  If anyone has a spare and a couple of the castellated nuts that go with them that would be great.

38538703265_4b954e778a_k.jpg

On the Loyd it is used for the steering Tillers.

38709132394_d87e421570_k.jpg

Edited by ajmac

Have you tried Small Ford Spares, they may have what you are looking for as something they have picked up along the way.

https://www.smallfordspares.co.uk/

Looked at a 47/48 7V spare parts illustration/list and it appears to be part no. BBE-2824-XB listed as Bolt ( hand brake lever pivot ) There is also a bush as part no. BBE-2823-X.

Going by that part no. it predates the 7V by a few years

Good to see you found your other one.

Nut is described in parts book as Part No. 33969-S            1/2"-20 slotted thin nut.  Being listed as a standard part, I presume it will be UNF

Out of interest does it run in a bush and/or is there a lubricator/grease nipple for it?

5 hours ago, super6 said:

Good to see you found your other one.

Nut is described in parts book as Part No. 33969-S            1/2"-20 slotted thin nut.  Being listed as a standard part, I presume it will be UNF

Out of interest does it run in a bush and/or is there a lubricator/grease nipple for it?

I sorted the nuts too, they are indeed 1/2” UNF.  This is a Loyd....thus there is neither!  You can understand why they were all struck off as soon as the war finished.