Time to get the Willys back on the road!

year1jeep

After far too long sitting in the garage with the gearbox and transfer case in bits, this is the Spring to get going again!

My Jeep came off the road to fix an annoying leak in the transfer case which grew into a gearbox out mini-rebuild. Unfortunately, life got in the way and it sat in bits. I've kept lurking on the forum, and attending shows (and Normandy) in the daily driver, but I've got the boost to finish it and get using it this year.

When I stripped it I was planning to turn it around in a couple of weeks, but a long time later of course I can't remember everything (no photos either :( ) So apologies if the odd stupid questions appear in the next few weeks. First job has been cleaning off the cobwebs!

I think I've identified most things, but cant for the life of me work out what this washer is? It could even be from another project! Can anyone recognise it (bear in mind it will be something to do with gearbox/transfer case and the parts that need to come to bits to get all of that out!

20160417_140400_zpscfmpyjso.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Gerry