CVR(T) gearbox question

onedazzer

We have a box that wouldn't select 2nd or 5th correctly in fwd, I never thought to try it in reverse. Fortunately we had a spare gearbox so fitted that, although it would be nice to know what the issue is with the other one so we could perhaps look to fix it. It had been suggested that the "bread basket" gasket behind the cover plate could be the fault on ours. I have made one of these gaskets by hand before, fiddly but possible.

What were the suggestions for the fault with your box?

Vince

After doing some reading my suggestions are, change oil filter and gearbox oil. Obtain a copy of the CVRT PRECIS from GreenMachine Surplus, adjust the controller as per page 31, if the fault persists check the oil pressures as in the precis.

2 and 5 are the same gear effectively as they both use the same brake band. So there should be no difference in fwd/rev as the gearbox is "going in reverse" for the vehicle to go backwards clearly there has to be something different going on that is not apparent.

Diana

We have a box that wouldn't select 2nd or 5th correctly in fwd, I never thought to try it in reverse. Fortunately we had a spare gearbox so fitted that, although it would be nice to know what the issue is with the other one so we could perhaps look to fix it. It had been suggested that the "bread basket" gasket behind the cover plate could be the fault on ours. I have made one of these gaskets by hand before, fiddly but possible.

What were the suggestions for the fault with your box?

Vince