Ws19... 1950 British army rebuild

Packhow75

I know what it is... Question is... In this configuration, on a demountable board... What vehicle would have used this. Rebuild date is 1957.

Thanks.

Tim

That's Carrier No.3 (or in this case 23), and is the "Truck & Ground Station". It's general purpose and fits to a radio table with a couple of quick release rails (which also incorporate the vibration mountings).

K9 with C42/WS19 is one option.

15cwt truck with "house type" body is another.

I have an installation drawing for a Morris (I think) truck, somewhere.

It's not for Jeep or Land Rover, as they used Carrier No.1 or 21 for fixed installations or No.25 for demountables with the variometer, aerial base and control box mounted on a plat on top of the set in order to save (horizontal) space.

Chris.

That's Carrier No.3 (or in this case 23), and is the "Truck & Ground Station". It's general purpose and fits to a radio table with a couple of quick release rails (which also incorporate the vibration mountings).

K9 with C42/WS19 is one option.

15cwt truck with "house type" body is another.

I have an installation drawing for a Morris (I think) truck, somewhere.

It's not for Jeep or Land Rover, as they used Carrier No.1 or 21 for fixed installations or No.25 for demountables with the variometer, aerial base and control box mounted on a plat on top of the set in order to save (horizontal) space.

Chris.

Chris

Other than the PSU which appears to have been replaced post-rebuild, would I be correct to assume that the rest of this installation is exclusively used in/with 1950s vintage vehicles? I also have a canvas cover which goes over the whole thing and is of a similar 50s date.

Cheers

Tim

Chris

Other than the PSU which appears to have been replaced post-rebuild, would I be correct to assume that the rest of this installation is exclusively used in/with 1950s vintage vehicles? I also have a canvas cover which goes over the whole thing and is of a similar 50s date.

Cheers

Tim

The whole assembly is consistent with 1950s usage. The Canadian supply unit was a preferred option due to its lower power consumption on receive (using the vibrator supply) and it also allowed use in 24 volt vehicles. What I don't see it the top edge of the variometer mounting bracket, which should have the rigid aerial mounting for ground station use.

Chris,

The whole assembly is consistent with 1950s usage. The Canadian supply unit was a preferred option due to its lower power consumption on receive (using the vibrator supply) and it also allowed use in 24 volt vehicles. What I don't see it the top edge of the variometer mounting bracket, which should have the rigid aerial mounting for ground station use.

Chris,

Chris

Assumed likely 50s - have to think about what to do with it next as is a bit modern for my tastes.

Cheers

Tim