British ww2 era windproof smock.

boots dms

Aquired this Silvermans replica windproof smock,in a good size 5 and nicely faded used condition.I know they are not quite 100% identical to the originals but even so a nice copy and fills a gap in the collection,as unless I strike really lucky the cost of an original is way out of my league!PICT8477.jpg

PICT8476.jpg

Had a few of these and while they are not 100% accurate I like them. The reenactors prefer the(are they still available?)Panzerfaust repros and while they are lighter weight material and colours are better they feel and sound like you are wearing an 80s nylon shell suit!!

Noticed a few of the Silvermans ones on Ebay lately including a few modified with period full length zips.

Prices of original smocks have gone through the roof while original trs can still be bought cheaply enough.

Had a few of these and while they are not 100% accurate I like them. The reenactors prefer the(are they still available?)Panzerfaust repros and while they are lighter weight material and colours are better they feel and sound like you are wearing an 80s nylon shell suit!!

Noticed a few of the Silvermans ones on Ebay lately including a few modified with period full length zips.

Prices of original smocks have gone through the roof while original trs can still be bought cheaply enough.

I was tempted to get a Panzerfaust one ,(last time I looked he still had them in his ebay shop) but glad now I waited and this one popped up.:-)