maybe the first female member

berni

hello all,

as you can see my names berni & I am the secretary for our Local Gloucestershire area MVT group.

I have been in the hobby with my hubby Russ for a fair few years now & do most of the localised MV shows & steam rallies in the county . Beltring is the furthest we go in the UK.

I have fun being a judge for various categories of All things green & this year for the first time I bit the bullet & took the mic for the arena commentating at 2 shows.( felt very brave)

I have been waiting for a site like this & have wrote the address down to give out at our meeting tomorrow.

Hopefully this is going to expand vastly in the near future & am glad to be here in the early stages.

I haven't worked out how to post a picture yet but when i do i'll pop a couple on of our MW.

cheers

berni

Hi berni and welocme to our first lady member, now there is another first!

Thanks for the introduction and great to have you here and looking forward to your posts 8) and great work on spreading the word.

Best wishes.

Jack.

Guest shane taylor

Welcome berni.

Great to have you here and agree with you, I have been waiting for something like this myself. Nice work guys :wink:

cheers guys.

At the moment we have a Bedford MW but as of tonight in one of them strange MV conversations we tend to have in the car we have decided to sell the MW & buy a GMC.

Going American will be a unique experience for us as we have been staunch Brits up till now.

Here's to the unknown

Berni

Hi Berni

Nice to hear you are going for a CCKW, we certainly have no regrets in running one,as long as you can fund the fuel bill and find the right truck Iam sure you will be happy with one.Do you want a 352 or 353?

Cheers

Degsy

I think we are aiming for the 353 at the moment but who knows.

It is going to be one of those times when you'll know it as soon as you see it even if it's not what you wanted to start with.

we are not in a huge rush as long as we have 1 in time for next season

Any leads will be appreciated

Cheers

berni

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Graham,

NIbley was a huge thing for me as I don't like public speaking so to go & do the commentary not just for the planned 1 day but for 2 days & then have to cope with the Landrover section as well helped me banish some demons.

It was great fun & everyone was so helpful.

Mind you we are putting some changes in place next year.

Only 80 vehicles will be booked in & all you larger types(militants & scammells) will have a large area roped off on the end of the row so you can move about a bit better.

This site will be ideal to keep you up to date on stuff we have planned.

cheers

Berni