some snaps

Snapper

A couple of pics in particular catch my eye.

2. There are two pictures of Soviet MICVs. From the front, I wouldn't have spotted the difference. But the former (with green cam painted over the sand base) has only four roadwheels per track and the latter (in plain sand) looks like 6 - hard to tell in the dust.

The vehicles shown are a GTMU, captured in Iraq in GW1. This has some sort of microwave device to scramble radars inside. The Mv looks similar to the little Chinese APCs seen attacking the students in Tianmen Square. But this is a Soviet design. It has another designation, but I can't remember. This is the only one I've seen.

The other vehicle is a more modern MTLB fitted with a Big Fred mortar locating radar. This is more GW1 booty. I think there are a few knocking about in this config.

As for T62/T64/T72 - I can barely tell the difference between the first two.

But thankfully the latter is distinctive.

Brilliant recollections, as ever, extra terrestrial friend, maybe you could slip in a Bob Stokoe story next time....

Cheers Lloyd.

Miraculously - not to be underestimated - I actually knew it was an IHC M5 thanks to recognition feature in MMI years ago. Thanks for the info on it's new guise. I will look out some snaps to see if I have later stuff of it. I like being able to trace pix of vehicles through the ages. All this info helps me look clever.

Glad to see you back on the forum. Hopefully see you on the circuit this year - will you be at the Hop Farm or Bolero?

cheers,

MB