any ideas what the numbers refer to + poss use,it has vaccum brake system

Thanks for the info Richard,ive still to collect the other trailer but im quite sure its an ex bowser will put some pics on soon,im not sure if this one been a bowser poss more a flatbed store/bomb trailer?? but could be wrong but its def a roadgoing trailer of somesort as it has braking system,hopefully someone on here will put me right.

Thanks for the info Richard,ive still to collect the other trailer but im quite sure its an ex bowser will put some pics on soon,im not sure if this one been a bowser poss more a flatbed store/bomb trailer?? but could be wrong but its def a roadgoing trailer of somesort as it has braking system,hopefully someone on here will put me right.

Apology, the 16A/ number is a RAF or Air Ministry specification, not a contract number as I posted earlier.

16A/1119 is "Chassis, Trailer, Eagle/Brockhouse 6 Ton 4 Wheeled” a Brockhouse design but built by Eagle

The chassis was used for the following trailers:

Bomb Carrying

Flat

Floodlight

Glider Retrieving and Carrying

Landmark Beacon

Parachute Packing

Workshop (GS).

(P.S. I've have, 5 minutes after writing this post, found your email to the RAF Museum in my inbox so cn we consider this my reply?)

Edited by RAFMT

Thanks for the info thats quite helpfull,what i really need is some pictures of these types of trailers either photos or catalouges as im not sure what they shud look like so if anyone may be able to help with that so when i come to restore the trailer it will be as near as possible correct.