Reflective-style military number plates.

rig_pig

Question

I'm looking to get a set of pressed reflective style plates made up for for our ex-RAF Massey Tug in work. All of the custom plate websites I've found only do military numbers in black/silver. Is there any supplier that could help? The front plate is a normal oblong one and the rear is a 3-line rectangle.

5 answers to this question

You are struggling to find a 3 line reflective plate because " For vehicles with new or replacement number plates fitted on or after 1st September 2001, "3-line" number plates are no longer permitted".

A "show plate" maker maybe able to make one but I think that unlikely so your best option is to try an acrylic sign maker.

Are there no plate makers on eBay who could help? Perhaps one that advertises special shape plates such as those for Rovers and some other cars? Or could you get a piece of acrylic / polycarbonate, some letters and some of the reflective backing and make it up yourself?

Yesterday I should have added:-

vinyl sign maker.

have a pressed 3 line aluminium number plate and then paint the letters black and the background florescent yellow.

An added bonus of the aluminium plate over a vinyl or acrylic plate is that it will last longer in a working environment.