Dennis Max W.D. lorry WW2 era - the question

modello

Dear friends !

I should like to know the following:

- is this Instruction book [instruction for the Lorry with CI Engine; publication No.218C] describes such Dennis Max lorry from WW2 era ? The book have the text "By appointment Motor Vehicle Manufacturers to the Late King George V" on it's front cover.

Or this book describes some civilian version of Dennis Max truck ? Pre-War version ? Post-War version ?

And what You think about year (or period) of this book edition ?

I ask these questions, because of the book - sadly - is undated.

Dennis Max.JPG

Dennis Max photo.jpg

Edited by modello

The Dennis Max was built from the 1930's as a civilian truck, it was supplied to the Military through WW2 and civilian production started after the war and ran into the 1950's. There are several copies of the handbook on Ebay, some pre war, comparing your book to the pre war copy I am guessing from the style of print and the higher publication number, your handbook is from the 1950's

This is a 1938 handbook

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DENNIS-MAX-CHASSIS-4cyl-C-I-ENGINE-INSTRUCTION-BOOK-WORKSHOP-MANUAL-Dec-1938-/231482563535?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item35e56f9bcf

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DENNIS-Max-Chassis-Instruction-Book-with-CI-Engine-Publication-No-C218-/271799314012?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f4880665c

Edited by Nick Johns