WRAFs on Tour Charity walk National Memorial Arboretum 25 October

Nickmow

Chaps (and chappettes). My little baby sister, former WRAF is involved in some of the co-ordinating for this event.

hundreds of ex and serving WRAFs are walking between camps and bases all over the UK. Naturally she has cornered her ex "pongo" brother (thats me) to round up some military vehicle support. Particularly the final leg a walk of a mile from Barton Marina to the National Memorial Arboretum on 25th October. This followed by a service and parade and flypast.

So the appeal is to MV owners particularly any of the RAF ilk that might be able to attend on the 25th. Not sure which branch of the MVT covers the Staffir area. There are legs going on up and down the country and I will post a link or two incase anyone fancies showing up in yourvown areas. Currently planning to trek up to Stafford in me Jeep to meet up on ten 25th weather and serviceability pending.

Be great to see some RAF blue wheels on the day. Some of the ladies are in their 90's including one who served on 617 sqn at the time of the Dams raid and have walked at least a few yards.

Proceeds to RAFA and Macmillan Cancer.

Be glad to hear from you via the board here or feel free to pm me.

Some links

http://wrafsontour.tumblr.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wrafs-On-Tour-Charity-Relay/1397744353796305?sk=info&ref=page_internal

regards all

Nick

• 2 weeks later...