Jeep Shocks

125LAA

No, they all do, and the shocks wouldn't make a difference, it's your springs.

Compare the angle of the dangle of the moving shackle, side to side. A jeep or a Dodge should have the moving shackle just forward of vertical at the bottom. You'll find your 'low' side has a notably more acute angle.

Interesting trick. The Dodge civilian shackle bushes will interchange with the jeep ones. The Dodge civilian open 'C' shackle will fit a jeep, but the jeep one wont fit the Dodge as it is about 1/4" shorter.

You can level up a jeep by using the Dodge civilian open 'C' shackles on the low side.

Interesting trick. The Dodge civilian shackle bushes will interchange with the jeep ones. The Dodge civilian open 'C' shackle will fit a jeep, but the jeep one wont fit the Dodge as it is about 1/4" shorter.

You can level up a jeep by using the Dodge civilian open 'C' shackles on the low side.

Now there's a thing !! nice one Gordon never new that :cool2:

Pete

Compare the angle of the dangle of the moving shackle, side to side. A jeep or a Dodge should have the moving shackle just forward of vertical at the bottom. You'll find your 'low' side has a notably more acute angle.

Thanks for that, I take it my springs are ok? Are the Dodge shackles readily available?

Thanks for that, I take it my springs are ok? Are the Dodge shackles readily available?

To tell if your springs are weak is to remove them and measure the eye to eye distance and compare with the factory spec in your manual. A number of GPW's and MB's with the original spring packs lean to the left and down in the left rear corner this can give the sensation when on the road of trying to drive up hill to the right all the time. New springs bushes shackles and shocks will cure this the truck will sit square and drive straight. All the component parts are readily available and new springs can be either bought from the dealers or manufactured to original spec I use a very firm in the black country excellent work for a reasonable price.

Gordon was flagging up the fact that Doge parts can be used at a pinch but it should not be necessary for you to do this.

If you need the factory specs and or contact addresses let me know. A word to the wise not all jeep springs are the same, apart from adding an additional leaf........... from to 8 to 9 fronts and 10 to 11 rears the left front spring (drivers) has a different load setting so don't mix them up make sure you mark the front Left spring and do not be tempted to mix and match spring leaves.

One last thing the spring eyes should be handed so that the left front and right hand rear eyes are Left hand thread. However spring packs may have swapped out so check before you start to lean on a bar to get them undone.

All sounds a bit long winded and expensive I'm afraid, but properly maintained suspension is key to a safe and controllable vehicle and you will be amazed at how much better the truck rides and stops.

Pete

Pete

Thanks Pete,

Very informative, you answered all the questions I was going to come back with. I will investigate all you suggested. When I bought her you are told what is what by the owner but it is not until you start maintaining the truck yourself when you release all is not 100%, but that's the fun I suppose. Enjoying every minute.:D