Clansman racal 12m push up mast

Hi,

I would like to fit a racal 12m push up mast to a lightweight land rover with a hardtop has anyone got any info or pics of this type of installation, I have the mast & rigging kit and some mounting brackets that should do the job and have got a fair idea of where to fit them on the vehicle but would welcome the advise of someone who has done this type of installation before'

regards

Eddy

DSCN0190.JPG

landrover light push mast.jpg

Hi

Note that there are two ways to do it - the photo attached is a soft top and uses a different top clamp that has jaws to grip the top of the tub at the other end of a short tube from the mast clamp. The bottom end can use the clamp pictured or a simpler mounting where the spigot at the bottom of the mast is fitted into a modified bumperette. E-Bay items 160930842021 and 290921969388 are the spigot and bumperette clamp. The universal top clamps do turn up from time to time although I see no current e-Bay listings. I attach a photo so you know what to look for:

DSCN9145.jpg

The top clamp pictured in your post are for fitting the mast to a vertical surface such as a comms body on a larger truck. They probably can be used on a hard top landrover although the side windows may be where you would really want to fit the top clamp !

Regards

Iain