RB44 mortar carrier?

camrhee

I hope my photo upload has worked, guess I will see after I hit post. I have purchased this RB44. The 'the table ting' at the front of the photo has four round holders underneath. Are these for the mortar launches? Which leads me onto my next question, Can anyone please tell me what this RB was used for? The contract plate on the drivers side doesn't really say anything about it's role. The nearside wing and in the cab are FFR, the facing cupboard slightly off to the right seems to have sectional plates inside that are extremely heavy, lead?. I can post lots more photos soon. I know some of the shelving would have been for the radio gear but although not launched from the truck it appears some of the racking may have been computer related, remote launcher control? Perhaps I am being to hopeful of a dramatic role, but it was certainly more than an FFR. I realise the RB44 is not on a high success rate or favourite of all MV enthusiasts but it is much loved by me and still a part of MV history. I would very much like to keep the inside original and though I have sent off for the merlin report it will like other reports only really tell me who it served with and wont tell me what was in the back. I wasn't too sure if the RB44 was a replacement for the 101 or 130? I have tried to scour the next for images of the RB44 but as per usual it is only external photos. Can anyone please help me identify what whent in the back of this truck? Mods if I have put this in the wrong section please move. Many thanks.

P3110136.jpg