1941 british padlock

Danny P

Found this 1941 brass padlock, maker Walsall locks & Cart gear Ltd. Dimensions 3 x 2 inches. Quite heavy. No broad arrow on it. Could this be used on the British WWII vehicles. Any idea?

I think it will be nice on my bedford MW anyway (toolbox or petrol can holder)!

P2151319a.JPG

Danny P

P2151320a.JPG

Found this 1941 brass padlock, maker Walsall locks & Cart gear Ltd. Dimensions 3 x 2 inches. Quite heavy. No broad arrow on it. Could this be used on the British WWII vehicles. Any idea?

I think it will be nice on my bedford MW anyway (toolbox or petrol can holder)!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]72954[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]72955[/ATTACH]

Danny P

I have to correct my question (Sorry, I'm a Dutchman)! I wanted to ask if this kind of padlocks were used on British WWII vehicles or is it civilian as the broad arrow is missing? Any Idea?

Sorry for my bad English:angel:

Yup, looks good and yes i would like it, .........thing with small items like that is on manufacture it would probably be a percentage check of production with only some being marked. Things like weapon componants etc would be gauged and inspected at all stages and marked but not required for a padlock as long as it worked.1941 was also a period of desperate shortages so it was more important i would suggest to get the kit then be too anal about stuff, even weapons were being econamised for want of a better term.Regards Tim

Yup, looks good and yes i would like it, .........thing with small items like that is on manufacture it would probably be a percentage check of production with only some being marked. Things like weapon componants etc would be gauged and inspected at all stages and marked but not required for a padlock as long as it worked.1941 was also a period of desperate shortages so it was more important i would suggest to get the kit then be too anal about stuff, even weapons were being econamised for want of a better term.Regards Tim

Hello Tim,

I'm glad to read that not all small items were marked! So this will be a nice item on my Bedford MW. I think we are used to explain things through a certain logic and therefore the broad arrow will underline our explanation or it will just take away our doubts? Your explanation seems plausible and logic to me!

Thanks,

Danny P