GMC 353 Banjo King pin SHIMS ...???

willysmb

Need some Kingpin Shims for my Banjo Axle 353 GNC Jimmy ...Bought some 0.030 from Rex but he doesn't have any smaller sizes .. Contacted some european dealer who have Shim packs but the Postage is Tantamount to DAYLIGHT ROBERY ..

IE it will cost more for postage than the shims cost to buy ...:-X

Anyone know of of a good European of US supplier who doesn't take the "P" when it comes to postage ...??

ken

Need some Kingpin Shims for my Banjo Axle 353 GNC Jimmy ...Bought some 0.030 from Rex but he doesn't have any smaller sizes .. Contacted some european dealer who have Shim packs but the Postage is Tantamount to DAYLIGHT ROBERY ..

IE it will cost more for postage than the shims cost to buy ...:-X

Anyone know of of a good European of US supplier who doesn't take the "P" when it comes to postage ...??

ken

Sorry I cant help,we did the same job in the summer only on a split axle. Did you replace bearings.

But fully agree on cost of postage, I needed something for our Dodge and could only source it in Holland.....the part was only 16 euro but they have a minimum charge of 25 euro for postal order's. Then 25 euro carraige. We needed the part so they had us by the short and curley's :shocked:. "Dick Turpin" comes to mind.

Hi Gas44... Yeh replaced the Kingpin Bearings ...

Told the French supplier in a return Email that his charge was completely outrageous ..

After a play with the shims that I have ..I will ( unless i can find a supplier who doesn't take the postage "P") buy some shim materials of Flea Bay for just a few pounds and make my own ..;)..

ken.

Don't forget when you play about with the shims you must put the same sizes and number of shims in the top and bottom caps to keep the centre of the wheel hub in line with the centre line of the main axle half shaft.

Pre loads are also important there is one for just one hub and then there is one for the pull on the steering wheel with everything connected.

Try this link http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?3453-GMC-Truck-Steering&highlight=GMC+Truck+Steering

Edited by R Cubed