58 Patt Sleeping Bags.

Scotch Harry

Will post some pics when I can dig them out.

1 is the Std type,other is slightly different,cannot remember exactly in what way but from memory dated 70s and labelled again from memory Cold Weather.

3rd,and this could be the special one is std 58 Patt dated 1960s and has a DPM waterproof base to it.

I did an article in the one of the early issues of the old Military Illustrated magazine on Royal Marine Falklands kit. I had a complete arctic kit, brand spanking at the time, and the sleeping bag was an excellent piece of kit. Bit of a bugger to roll up I seem to recall.

To my embarrassment I do not have a copy of the magazine, but if somebody does it has several photos of the arctic bergan et al.

I'll see if I can find the original pre digital photos if all else fails.

Cheers

Paul

Get a decent stuff stack! The things have a mind of thier own when they come out! :-D Even in a stuff sack they end up about four times the size of the light jungle bag. Biggest problem with them, is finding weather cold enough to sleep in! The silk liner on its own is often enough.