L2A3 Sterling SMG Cleaning Kit

Was there such a thing? Or would L1A1 SLR cleaning items be used?

Thanks,

Mark

Yes, it was identical to the SLR outfit. BUT, the combination tool & bronze chamber brush were removed from the tin/container.

So basicaly: an Oil Bottle, a Pullthrough & some flannelette.

the SMG pull through was point less...... that is it was the same as the enfield rifle, the later SLR pull through weights had a point on them that could be used as a scraper to remove the carbon off the gas parts..

Yes, it was identical to the SLR outfit. BUT, the combination tool & bronze chamber brush were removed from the tin/container.

So basicaly: an Oil Bottle, a Pullthrough & some flannelette.

Thanks for that. I ask as a friend is thinking about getting a deact Sterling and was pondering what accessories to look out for.

Thanks for that. I ask as a friend is thinking about getting a deact Sterling and was pondering what accessories to look out for.

A sling, No.5 Bayonet (Expensive!) Extremely scarce rubber muzzle cover (If you ever find one!) spare mags (2 x Types) Foresight adjusting tool, (no.5 Cramp) & some inert 9mm Ammo.

OH YES, The scarce twin mag pouch in '58 pattern webbing!................I think that just about covers what might be available!

A sling, No.5 Bayonet (Expensive!) Extremely scarce rubber muzzle cover (If you ever find one!) spare mags (2 x Types) Foresight adjusting tool, (no.5 Cramp) & some inert 9mm Ammo.

OH YES, The scarce twin mag pouch in '58 pattern webbing!................I think that just about covers what might be available!

Thanks. I think he's got all that apart from the muzzle cover and foresight tool.

BTW. There are some rare pictures of the mag pouch in use in 'The British Army in Ulster Vol.2'.