Urgent! Fordson WOT2H unladen weight

Lauren Child

One thing you will notice about a WOT2. Rain pours in under the windscreen and your left foot gets soaked. However, the heat coming back from the engine soon dries you out. It's like driving a car in summer with the heater and fan on full.

Ah, the joys of a WOT2.

Lauren,

You are expearencing the same symptems as i did with mine, it may be you are filling up the Rad too much as Robert says, but if it contines to do this, you will find your Rad blocked, i had mine re -cored, and never a problem again. that said, WoT's do suffer from fuel evaperation and you will find as i did that she won't want to start within 3 mins of stopping after a long run, give it 5 mins and shes fine.

The other problem i suffered once and subsequently my pal who has bought mine is at pressent is a loss of power after the engine gets hot, this we thought was the plugs, but it apears it is the coil, make sure you have a good quality V8 coil fitted.

Jules

The other problem i suffered once and subsequently my pal who has bought mine is at pressent is a loss of power after the engine gets hot, this we thought was the plugs, but it apears it is the coil, make sure you have a good quality V8 coil fitted.

Jules

Yes, I agree with Jules. It must be the coil starting to fail. If you ignore it, it will only get worse. Try fitting a Lucas DLB100 coil (available from the Green Spark Plug company or from Autojumbles like Beaulieu) and this will cure the problem. I have had the problem before and a new, not an NOS one, is the only cure. Last time I had a coil fail was this year when I went for an MoT and the WOT2 died on me about half a mile from home.

On my WOA2, I had the radiator recored when I was restoring it. This still pushes out 2 pints after I have filled it up but doesn't overheat and runs well. It's just a V8 characteristic, don't worry about it. Just keep an eye on the temp gauge during summer months and keep the speed down.

Thanks guys, that's exactly the problem I'm having. I'll try replacing the coil (it's a modern one mounted in the passenger footwell).

She definitely runs hotter than the CMP does!

I'm actually pondering leaving her paintwork as-is - I had a lot of good feedback about her pattina of age, so if I'm go for preserving as-is I'll need to colour match some paint and touch up the bits that need doing.