LR Srs. 3 109' SP Preload

Muskrat

Hello HMVF - '75 Series 3 RHD 109' MOD FFR Truck 3/4 - What would the proper preload be for the wheels from lock to lock after proper torquing? It is a top adjusting swivel pin (lower arm for rod ends). I am now playing the shim game; I get mixed numbers --- the Haynes 11, 11A & 111 workshop manual says 14-16 lbs. preload, and another on-line source mentions 8-10 lbs. - Any suggestions from experience? Thank you. - Muskrat - Prescott, Arizona.

Is that with or without the big swivel ball seal and retainer attached? Land Rover specs (not Haynes green-book) for the Series 111 said that a preload of 8-10 lbs prior to the fitting of the big seal - after attaching it; then checking the preload, it came out to roughly 15 lbs. give or take. Am I on the right path?

Perfect! When swivel-pin torqued proper to achieve a 8-10 lbs preload without swivel seal and retainer, and then married - I achieved a 16 lb. preload when all was said and done. I imagine that all series rovers are a tad different in what they ask as far as the preload requirements (?). Thank you for the advice good sir. Muskrat - Prescott, Arizona.