British code for USMC Green circa 1975 please

Invicta

I appreciate that this isn't a straighforward question as the need never arose for anyone to originally paint a vehicle in the

appropriate low gloss forest green in the UK.

Can anyone tell me what the Bristish colour code equivalent is to the FS 34052 low gloss Forest Green please?

There is a paint/panel trade supplier in Gloucester who will happily mix me the colour if I can give them a UK code. Last year I gave it a shot but ended up with something a bit too "cheerful"!

Many thanks,

Bernard

• 2 months later...

Bernard in BSC381C there is a "Forest green" 282 but no idea how it matches to a US Forest green.

I noticed that RR Motor Services Ltd do paint which includes two versions of Forest green. I think one is the official colour & the other matched to one of the first REOs imported over here & referred to as "Andy's Forest green" there was a noticeable difference.

Wrecker & FV,

Thank you both for your replies.

I went down the Model paint line and bought a pot of Model Master (from ModelsRgo) as MM are an American company then went to a local paint suppliers who did a colour match.

Next job is to find someone who does reuseable stencils. :)

Once again thank you both for your suggestions,

Bern

Now all I need now is a warm/dry spell so I can get rubbing down and spraying - don't want much do I!