Saracen-Saladin-Stalwart

Ian Dunn

I think you'll find the fittings are BSP, and the tubing is imperial, but steel hydraulic pipe of a modern metric size can work if the flares on the ends of the tubing are made big enough, I had to replace several of the steel pipes on my saracen and this is how I did mine, although I was able to reuse most of the fittings.:)

regards,

Matt

Amongst other pipes, I replaced the main brake booster/power valve - to centre and rear brake pipe connector, ('T' joint under front edge of fuel tank), and the left and right pipes from this to the hull, these are both full-pressure pipes, and were done back in 2006 and are still perfect.... my original ones had more holes than a penny whistle!:wow:

I think you'll find the fittings are BSP, and the tubing is imperial, but steel hydraulic pipe of a modern metric size can work if the flares on the ends of the tubing are made big enough, I had to replace several of the steel pipes on my saracen and this is how I did mine, although I was able to reuse most of the fittings.:)

regards,

Matt

could copper pipe be used ? ( or would the pressure be too much)

Edited by Ian Dunn