Latest Acquisition: '77 Pattern Para Smock

Enfield1940

I agree Steve: it's nice to see one that has been used. I'm hoping my buddy will give me some more info on it and the original owner.

I remember when heading off to Polytechnic for the first time in Late Sept 1982 that I went to a surplus shop in the basement of the indoor market in Kensington High St that was floor to ceiling with kit recently released / flogged off by lads returning from the Falklands. Smocks like this one - unwashed ! - £17 a pop. I bought an olive green '63 patt SAS smock there for £20 which I used on the hills and later at work 'til it fell apart. Oh for a time machine !

I WELL remember that shop in Kensington market (in the basement !!!)...........it was called "Flak", and the shop was rumoured, by late-83/early 84, to be attracting Plod attention due to receiving kit from "unofficial" sources..........not sure about the outcome, but I doubt if it's still there now.....>:(

I recall going in there several times during that period, and they had rails full of Denisons, DPM 60 & 68 stuff, green 60 pattern, windproofs, aircrew jackets, etc..........surprising really as it was such a small shop.....:D

I must take a revisit one day....it would be rude not to, particularly as I pass Kensington High Street tube on the way to and from work every day.......:)

This is my one, in a lot worse condition, needs several repairs. Quite a large size, far too big for me.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55528[/ATTACH]

Another nice smock.....I'm guessing late-1980s/early 90s...? (colour and post-82 FFD pocket)......

I just have a soft-spot for para smocks...:red: (and a lot of other things, come to think about it....:( !!)