Foden 8x4 GS beaver tail

Well the engine is totally sorted now, runs sweet as a dream. Still only have a top speed of 52 mph, real pain that is and the gearbox is a dog, but manageable now i have the hang of it...its a combination of rush, wait double de clutch, revs and a few prayers...

Other things to do:-

Body work getting worse all the time, have two new wings but need to do a bit of welding on the off side..

Could do with new dampers on the front, anyone know where to get these. Will try local truck factors first but not always fruitful.

Lights are awful, just had the alternator rebuilt but suspect that it has a charging problem still...any one know if these things have a regulator and where it is.

I want to fit a rev counter but the alternator is an old type and does not have a c-post pulse post so cant use the modern types...anyone know how to get around this...

I am looking to make it a bit quieter in the cab, anyone got any ideas, i was thinking of insulating the underside with fireproof insulation then some in the cab in the form of carpets and things...I have a straight through exhaust which doesnt help so going to get a unit made to take away that booming, makes you deaf after a while, it has to be done.

Also need to sort the cab heater and screen wash and some other bits and pieces...new mirrors and reversing camera needed.

anyone know where I can get body parts, old doors etc...

Edited by paulob1