DonR helmet

chevpol

Post-war Belgian production.....based upon the early wartime British fibre "pulp" motorcycle crash hat.....ABL were a prominent Belgian helmet producer.....:)

Metric (continental) sizing too....not found on British wartime production.....

Post-war Belgian production.....based upon the early wartime British fibre "pulp" motorcycle crash hat.....ABL were a prominent Belgian helmet producer.....:)

Ta for that, I have some 37 Pattern webbing with the same T.A.W.O. markings, is that a Belgian mark?

Mark

Ta for that, I have some 37 Pattern webbing with the same T.A.W.O. markings, is that a Belgian mark?

Mark

Mark, a lot of ex-wartime WD clothing and equipment was supplied to Belgium......then they started producing stuff themselves based upon the British designs......this included steel helmets (infantry and para), battledress, headgear, webbing, motorcycle clothing, etc....

Additionally, during 1945 several Belgian factories were actually manufacturing uniforms and headdress for the War Department....battledress and GS caps spring to mind.....although these are still WD-marked.....

ABL isn't a manufacturer.

Its stands for Armee Belge/Belgisch leger (Belgian army).

Pre-war it was ABBL

ABL isn't a manufacturer.

Its stands for Armee Belge/Belgisch leger (Belgian army).

Pre-war it was ABBL

At least I managed to get the Belgian connection correct......my knowledge of Belgian is largely limited to Stella.....(she was, and still is....gooooooood.....:nut: !!!)

At least I managed to get the Belgian connection correct......my knowledge of Belgian is largely limited to Stella.....(she was, and still is....gooooooood.....:nut: !!!)

You were close enough.

And you won a beer of your choice from the clubhouse fridge.