Vehicle preservation groups near Salisbury/Andover?

Smiler

Hello folks, just wondering if there are any local preservation groups to me. I don't have any space tp home a vehicle myself but I'm very handy on the tools (aircraft mechanic by trade) and would like to get involved in some way with historic military vehicles.

Cheers,

Smiler.

you could 'google' our club: -'S.O.E', Military Enthusiasts Club,.... ok, we're not in Andover, or Salisbury, but our members are flung far and wide. Amongst the vehicles owned by our members are a Saracen (mine!), at least 3 Ferrets, some Stalwarts,(inc one of the very early prototypes!) a Champ, some Humber Pigs, various Landrovers, (inc 101's), several Jeeps, some Morris Commercials, a very early Bedford OY, some Eastern European oddities (trucks), and even some German Motorcycle Combinations.

We run the famous 'Overlord Military Spectacular' show, at Horndean/Denmead, nr Portsmouth, each year. You'd be most welcome, our club meets on the 3rd Thurs of each month, which happens to be this coming Thursday 28th April.... we are at Waltham Chase Village Hall, 7.30/7.45 start, cheap bar (ales/cider), and light snacks available, some meetings we have a guest speaker,... an easy-going club, full of friends you've not yet met!:D

Thanks for the replies, I have previous experience with series Landrovers.

I'll google your club too oily, would be nice to get a chance to play with big oily stuff and thanks to my trade I'm pretty comfortable around hydraulic systems etc...

Only possible problem I can see is distances. I have a young family and the boss won't take kindly to me disappearing for a whole day on anything like a regular basis for long distances just to play with someone elses toys when I've got stuff to be getting on with at home. I shall endevour to have a look though and thank you for taking the time to respond to this thread.

Right, google here I come!

Kennet Valley Area MVT meet in Ramsbury between Marlborough and Hungerford every month and welcome enthuastic people to their shin-digs!

First Tuesday of the month from memory at the Royal British Legion, but check first as I might be wrong!