Easy Gee's M1 Helmet collection

Easy Gee

By the looks of the fixed bales on the 1st it may be a Schlueter helmet.

Has it got a "S" stamped on the inside of the brim, also some code could be there.

Nice lids and liners by the way.

I agree about the 2nd one probably once was a fixed bale, judging by the rusting bale.

Any code visible on the inside brim?

By the looks of the fixed bales on the 1st it may be a Schlueter helmet.

Has it got a "S" stamped on the inside of the brim, also some code could be there.

Nice lids and liners by the way.

I agree about the 2nd one probably once was a fixed bale, judging by the rusting bale.

Any code visible on the inside brim?

Thanks Enigma.

I have suspected for a long time the fixed bale may be a Schlueter, but there is no S, and no Heat stamp apparent,and without really stripping the paint right out of the inside ,I guess I will never know?

The other lid has a heat stamp of 34?C, with makes this one quite early I suspect. I did find out a while back that because there is a dimple,where the swivel bale is now,it was once a Fixed bale,and converted to this way !!!

I have a few more F/S lids ,so when I get time I will post them up for you to have a look at,if you want.

Thanks again :D

Thanks Enigma.

I have suspected for a long time the fixed bale may be a Schlueter, but there is no S, and no Heat stamp apparent,and without really stripping the paint right out of the inside ,I guess I will never know?

The other lid has a heat stamp of 34?C, with makes this one quite early I suspect. I did find out a while back that because there is a dimple,where the swivel bale is now,it was once a Fixed bale,and converted to this way !!!

I have a few more F/S lids ,so when I get time I will post them up for you to have a look at,if you want.

Thanks again :D

Don't remove the paint from the 1st helmet to find the marking.

The 34?C indeed makes it a former Fixed bale.

Looking forward to more.

Don't remove the paint from the 1st helmet to find the marking.

The 34?C indeed makes it a former Fixed bale.

Looking forward to more.

Thanks for the advice and confirmation Enigma, I'm off to France at the end of the week,but when I get back,I'll certainly post more of my lids,you never know, I might get some new ones in France to add to my collection and to show here,cheers Gary.