MTL Gear oil for Land rovers

This subject may have been touched on before, but I can recommend MTL gear oil for later Land Rover main boxes (Normally filled with ATF). I have been trying it for some time in a Discovery 1 with a very graunchy gearbox and it has made it a much nicer, quieter box to use. It is expensive and seemingly only available in small bottles, but cheaper than a rebuilt box if things are not beyond repair. Available from the big auction website.

Hi mate. Do you mean Difflock.com? Not quite sure but here is a link http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=mtl+gear+oil&_sacat=See-All-Categories

You may be able to find it cheaper by shopping around. Be warned it's not cheap but if you're keeping the car it's a worthwhile investment in my opinion. did quite a bit of research before splashing the cash and the general consensus is that it is much better than using lower quality oil with additives which promise quieter smoother running etc. Only my personal opinion (I don't sell it :cheesy:) but it improved my Discovery gearchange,especially when cold by a country mile. ONLY to be use to replace auto transmission fluid found in the later main gearboxes. NOT for transfer box. Daz

Edited by daz76