Hello all, i'm new here

Guest qtronics

Guest qtronics

Hi all,

Although I’ve posted in some of the other areas, I’ll introduce myself here

My name is Alex, although normally get called Al, I’m British but am currently living in France (Just outside Hesdin, northern France), due to the nice weather, cheap drink and all of the lovely history (WWII stuff etc).

I’ve always had an obsession with vehicles, although it was not until I was 21 that I actually started to restore them (only 22 now btw). I’ve owned two beetles, one of which I have restored and then converted to a Baja Beetle, very simple things to work on.

My next project (hence joining here) will be a military truck, I’m looking for something like a radio truck, so that it’s got lots of room inside, maybe a Reo etc.

Anyhow, that all from me for now.

Cheers.

Al.

Guest qtronics

Hi all,

Berni, I have looked at the bedfords, there is a QL on ebay at the moment, but I’m not too sure how easy it is to get parts for??.

I’m looking at the Reo’s mainly due to the particle aspect, as they made them up until the 90’s I think, so parts should be easier to get hold of. Additionally with a multifuel engine I would hope that running SVO will not be a problem for it.

I’ve also had a look at a few zils, they seem to have very good spec, but tend to have petrol engines, and that really is burning money.

I should mention that I intend to convert the truck to an expedition truck, for some off the beaten track long trips etc. So although anything that might malfunction I should be able to repair, having some reliability would be good.

Jack, I take it your site admin etc etc, I have a load of photos of WWII structures, strangely most are German, can I post these in the photos section? They maybe of interest to someone.

Cheers.

Al.