Humber Pig Gear Positions

toby burnham

Going to pick the pig up tomorrow on the back of a foden drops truck.I am not going to run the engine until i have to move it onto the drops pallet.The fuel pump has got a faulty diaphram and is filling the sump with petrol.My gear stick is missing the gear knob.what i need to know is the gear positions.I understand that first gear selects 4wd.does it disconect when put into second gear.Does the other lever on the floor selects 4wd And what position does it have to be in for normal travel.

Does anybody do a fuel pump rebiuld kit or can it be repaired.I read some were that a land rover diaphram can be modified

Regards

Toby

Going to pick the pig up tomorrow on the back of a foden drops truck.I am not going to run the engine until i have to move it onto the drops pallet.The fuel pump has got a faulty diaphram and is filling the sump with petrol.My gear stick is missing the gear knob.what i need to know is the gear positions.I understand that first gear selects 4wd.does it disconect when put into second gear.Does the other lever on the floor selects 4wd And what position does it have to be in for normal travel.

Does anybody do a fuel pump rebiuld kit or can it be repaired.I read some were that a land rover diaphram can be modified

Regards

Toby

Left and forward is reverse

Left and rearwards is 1st and this engages front axle automatically, once front axle engaged it must be disengaged manually by pulling back the other lever you mention.

Middle forwards is 2nd

middle and rearwards 3rd

Right and forwards 4th

Right and rearwards 5th

Front axle can be engaged in any gear manually by pushing the other lever forwards. Ther reason it automatically engages in 1st is because the torque through the rear axle on its own in first could damage the axle if driven agresively.

Do you need a knob, if so i,m holding a very good used one in my hand writing these instructions.