Ward La France questions? Probably first of many.

Stormin

Now a few questions for those who own of have extensive knowledge of Ward La France M1A1s.

Firstly the simple one. What type of seal should be fitted between the bottom of the windscreen frame and the bulkhead? There are obvious holes in the top rail of the bulkhead, just not sure if it should be a webbing type seal like on the bonnet edges or a rubber affair.

Next the more complicate question. I have two levers that mount below the seats for selection of winch/crane drives. I'm assuming the two levers I have are correct. One would seem to mount with the pivot below the floor level and the other with the pivot above. My question is do these simply fit direct to the floor? Are there any brackets or stiffeners? Any photographs of the area would be a great help, probably make it clearer than an explanation. I've looked at lots of photo's from others restorations and modifications and I'm still none the wiser.

From my Ward La France restoration thread, just in case it gets missed. I guess the windscreen seal question is common other vehicles with same screen, GMC, Autocar etc.