Military Machines International July 2010 - Highland fling

martylee

I just got the latest issue of MMI, which featured just my kind of trip. In fact this was the reason I bought the Dodge in the first place. Unfortunately there's capitol punishment in Norway for going off-road.

The article, about two Jeeps going into the scottish highlands, is simply the best article I've seen in months. A two day trip into the highlands, camping, off-roading and enjoying the scenery. They even pass a Bailey bridge on their way along Wade's road! :-)

Beautiful photos by Wayne Mitchelson and words by John Carroll. You better check it out!

I really hope I can go camping like that this summer, but my GF expects something to be done with the old kitchen... :-(

Marty

I just got the latest issue of MMI, which featured just my kind of trip. In fact this was the reason I bought the Dodge in the first place. Unfortunately there's capitol punishment in Norway for going off-road.

The article, about two Jeeps going into the scottish highlands, is simply the best article I've seen in months. A two day trip into the highlands, camping, off-roading and enjoying the scenery. They even pass a Bailey bridge on their way along Wade's road! :-)

Beautiful photos by Wayne Mitchelson and words by John Carroll. You better check it out!

I really hope I can go camping like that this summer, but my GF expects something to be done with the old kitchen... :-(

Marty

Marty surely your GF will pack the kitchen sink so what's the problem if you are taking it with you? LoL :-D

• 3 weeks later...

Marty - I'm glad you liked it - it was the kind of trip I really like too. I might do something similar in Wales later this year.

Jack - thanks, it's nice to be back. Things are getting back on track although I'm going to be selling that Hotchkiss that's in the feature and another WWII machine. The M201 has had the head gasket done and is about to go for an MoT. I'll update the advert thread.

MMI has another military Jeeping story that I did in hand - it was a really great MV weekend in Northumberland (15 Jeeps plus Champs and Land Rovers) which they have said will be published but I'm not sure when yet.

Cheers all,

JC