1940s weekend, Manor Farm, Near Southampton, Hampshire, 12-13th June

As this is my first post on HMVF, please let me know if I've broken any rules or anything by posting this...

This is incredibly short notice. I've mentioned this at Solent Overlord Executive meetings and to various people at the Overlord Show, and thought I'd bring it up here to try and drum up some last-minute support.

I've been approached by a friend who works at Manor Farm in Botley, near Southampton, Hampshire. He's into 1940s re-enactment and keen on the whole MV scene.

Manor Farm is a working historic farm just outside Southampton on the east side, close to the M27. On the weekend of the 12th-13th June, they have a WW2 event, with various reenactors including some German POWs working on the farm, some land army girls, a few civvies and some infantry chaps.

To go along side this, they would really like some owners of 1940s allied vehicles to come along and display their trucks and kit at the farm. Allied reenactors would be welcome too.

Camping is available on site (water is provided, no other facilities I'm afraid). It's a great one for anyone with kids as they can look round the farm and play in the acres of country park of which the farm is a part.

There's a barbeque on the Saturday night for those bringing vehicles and breakfast (bacon rolls or similar) will be provided on Sunday morning for those staying over.

If you want any more details, feel free to send me a PM.

Here's a link to Manor Farm: http://www3.hants.gov.uk/hampshire-countryside/manorfarm.htm

Unfortunately I can't take part myself as my vehicle and uniform are a little bit too modern!

Cheers!

Colin (1976 101FC radio body)