Why do most vehicles have so many unnecessary wheels?

gritineye

Charles F. Taylor spent a long time proving that more than one wheel is just daft.

Not your usual mono-cycle..way more interesting than that, the more I watch this the more respect I have for this man's determination and skills.

Rather a long clip but it shows two versions of his invention.

http://www.me.berkeley.edu/one_wheel_vehicle/Movie.htm

Mono cycles are well and but some people take it to extremes.

Only in the US can somebody be mad enougth to put a V8 on a monowheel.

The end demonstrates why you need the extra wheels.

Mike

Mono cycles are well and but some people take it to extremes.

Only in the US can somebody be mad enougth to put a V8 on a monowheel.

The end demonstrates why you need the extra wheels.

Mike

That man has been a hero of mine for years Mike, If ever I feel my mechanical daydreams are a getting bit bonkers I watch that clip for reassurance, but maybe Charles F. Taylor was in a different league somehow..........unlike the unicycle it was a new idea that actually worked, in a quiet gentlemanly way, and the problems he overcame must have used up a heck of a lot of midnight oil!

I think maybe his biggest mistake was not putting a skirt around it and pretending he had invented the hovercraft!

I think maybe his biggest mistake was not putting a skirt around it and pretending he had invented the hovercraft!

I think he should have put some mirrirs around the wheel and then he could have claimed to have invented the land speeder and then sued George Lucas for copyright infringement with Star Wars.

The mono wheel is a very nice bit of engineering a but I think the V8 was overkill.

Mike

I think he should have put some mirrirs around the wheel and then he could have claimed to have invented the land speeder and then sued George Lucas for copyright infringement with Star Wars.Mike

:rofl::rofl: